Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Books

In previous post I think I have mentioned about my next love other than embroidery. Yes you guessed it! Books. I have been making books now for about three or more years, & just love everything about them.

This one pictured here is the latest book that I made & is my Art healing journal. I am filling the journal with art works & things that I love. Tea Pots, Tea cups & all things tea These two little books where inspired by a matchbox zine challenge I read about & entered on the web. The little brown book at the front is the matchbox zine that I made for the challenge, & it is fill with tiny photos of all the embroideries & work I have done over the years. It also has some embroidery, both machine & hand inside it, & I have also added samples of experiments that I have documented. The book measures 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches
This book is a type of pamphlet binding & has been beaded for extra interest.
This book is also a pamphlet bound book. But I have needle weaved each of the booklets together to create a fuller book. The cover is made from pressed paper clay, that I pressed onto a Chantilly lace rubbing plate.
This book shows both Coptic & Celtic binding. Each of the signatures in this book are coloured & the book is used to keep a record of everything I have ever tried or used in both textiles & paper craft.
I hope to add more books in the future & will be adding them to my etsy shop, so keep watching this space.

Big Hugs
Your Friend
Elizabeth xx

2 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Wonderful! What lovely work!=)

You might enjoy some of my blog too, don't know if you've seen it yet??

Hillside Threads said...

Wow! amazing work. You have been really busy. Lots of inspiration for future projects.
Best wishes
Jane