Busy making samples for the Extended Embellishments class
There are lots of photos today. This first one is Free Machine Embroidery (FME) done on to some cotton bangage fabric. As I did not have the scrim needed at the time. The pattern is Vermicelli.
This next sample is done on the same piece of cotton bandage but this time in a circular motion of FME
Again same fabric, this time in a flower pattern
This is the samples out of the hoop, to show the floatiness of the fabric.
These samples are done on some actual scrim. I forgot that I had this piece when I started doing my samples.
We then moved onto grids on scrim. I have again used the cotton bandage fabric. The kind you get in the first aid kits for arm slings. I still have more work to do on this piece so keep watching :-)
This sample we added snippets of another fabric to the scrim before doing the FME on it. I really like this piece of work, & as you will see further down on this post. I have worked on it some more & am even more happy with the results.
We then moved onto doing FME onto silk paper ( Unryushi paper) This was quite an interesting technique. I quite liked making the holes into the paper then adding the FME around the hole & lacing over the top. Close up below.
I then moved on to do the grid onto the silk paper, & also doing more holes. You will see further down that I have worked more on this piece as well & am happy with the finished results.
Here is the scrim with the fabric snippets finished. I have cut it out & then needle laced around the edges of the piece to stop it falling to pieces. It is a very fragile piece of work. I have also done some needle laced circles around some of the FME circles to add some extra depth to the piece. I have shown it twice as it is on two different backgrounds, & looks different on each one. I can see me making a lot more of these sorts of pieces :-)
Here is the grided paper worked more & finished. I am quite happy with this piece as well. I have needle laced around the edges & also done rows of needle lace on two of the rows. I have then added some web stitches & some needle woven bars. I have also done some webbing in one of the cut holes, see below.
Well, I think that is it for todays posts, I think I have shown all that I have for now. I will post again soon, with some more samples. More scrim & holes & also mirrors. So keep tuning in for more samples.