Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Haven't gotten off to a good start

I haven't gotten off to a good start, have I? Life has been turned upside down at the moment. January has seen so many changes.
First I started a new class with Karen Ruane. Called Alchemy. This has been great & taking up a lot of what little spare time I have these days.
Then I was told a few weeks ago, that we have to move out of our house as the owner wants to sell it vacant possesion. So time is being consumed with packing & looking for a new home. No joy so far.
Then we where told over on the Embroiderers Guild site that they will no longer be housing the forum, where I personally have made lots of dear friends. We now have a new home independant of the Guild called Embroidery friends. You can drop me an email if you would like to join us.

Well enough of the doom & gloom. Here are a few photos of what I have been up to since my last posting.

This is where I am up to with my Embroider, Embellish & Create quilt. When I have finished all of the blocks, it should measure 60 inches square.

This is a snippet from my Alchemy class ledger. I have chosen the subject Nature & tea pots. I hear you saying, "Nature & Tea pots"! Yes. I am going to be making a series of fabric & felted 3D tea pots & am then going to add stumpwork elements of nature to the surface of the tea pots.

My first tea pot is felted knitting based, & will have 3D elements of nature on it.

When we where first given the breif for this class. We where asked to choose a subject that was close to us. I first chose nature. But them my dear friend Isabell, brought to my attention my love of tea pots. So I got to thinking, why not merge the two, & creat a series of fabric based tea pots with my other passion stumpwork of natural elements.

They will be my version of myjolica tea pots☺☺I have gathered inspiration from many people, as well as my extensive collection of nature photos that I have taken myself. A few of the other artists out there that study nature. That have inspired me are: Jane Hall, Julie Crabtree & Gilda Baron. Their work is amazing & so inspirational.

I am hoping as I always say. To keep a record of my work through out the Alchemy class, here on my blog. So keep watching & see what comes up.

Warm Hugs
Your Friend
Elizabeth xxx

3 comments:

margaret said...

your quilt is coming along a treat Elizabeth.

Re the EG forum, it has caused a lot of upset here in England, I must admit I have not been on for ages but I have told them what I feel about it, think there will be quite an uproar as lots of us have emailed our opinions.The feeling is why, are the members not important to the guild anymore.
Your teapot challenge sounds very interesting and will follow your journey with you via your blog, best of luck.

Hillside Threads said...

Elizabeth you have been very busy. I look forward to seeing your teapots it sounds like a really interesting project.

Margaret Your statement "why are the members not important to the guild anymore" was my first reaction when I heard the news.

Elizabeth is your new group for the ladies in Australia or worldwide?

Elizabethanne said...

The Group that I talk of is open to all guild memebers & friends world wide.